Skip to main content

Report A Concern

Complaint about Developmental Disabilities Services – If you have a concern or complaint about developmental disabilities services in Vermont, contact:

Division of Developmental Disabilities Service
Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living, Agency of Human Services
280 State Drive, Waterbury, VT 05671-2030
Phone: 802-241-0304
Fax: 802-241-0410

Grievance and Appeal Procedures – Section 7.100.9 of the Regulations Implementing the Developmental Disabilities Act of 1996 that describes the Grievances, Internal Appeals and the Fair Hearing processes, including the rights and obligations of applicants and recipients of services funded through Global Commitment.

Procedures for Review of Public Guardianship Decisions – These procedures describe how an individual affected by a decision of a Public Guardian may obtain a review of the decision. The procedures describe three different situations:

  • An individual disagrees with a decision by his or her guardian, or wants a different guardian;
  • A relative of the individual disagrees with a guardian’s decision to limit visitation or limit contact with the individual;
  • A residential provider disagrees with a guardian’s decision about where an individual will live;
  • Any person has a complaint about a guardian’s decision or action (other than those listed above).