Skip to main content

Crisis Supports

Call 911 in the event of a medical or personal safety emergency


Child Abuse Reporting Line, Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF) -   Call 1-800-649-5285 to make a report—24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Call the Child Abuse Reporting Line if you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected.

Critical Incident Report - Critical Incident Reporting is an essential part of maintaining collaborative communication between the state government departments charged with oversight and the entities providing direct service to vulnerable populations. Documenting, evaluating and monitoring certain serious occurrences, ensures that the necessary people receive the information for review or action. It informs quality assurance and assists in quality improvement projects as they arise.

Developmental Services Crisis Numbers.

Domestic and Sexual Violence - Call 1-800-228-7395, Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Abuse
Domestic Violence contacts and resources - Agency of Human Services, State of Vermont

Guardianship Emergencies - Office of Public Guardian 24-hour emergency number, 1-800-642-3100.

Suicide Prevention - Vermont Department of Mental Health

Vermont Crisis Intervention Network (VCIN) - VCIN is a three-tiered service delivery system intended to prevent, stabilize and treat any crisis experienced by a person with an intellectual/developmental disability within Vermont. Developmental Disabilities Services Division staff work in tandem with VCIN director to provide access to the two crisis beds. To access VCIN, service providers must call: 802-241-0306.

Vulnerable Adult and Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation Reporting LineAdult Protective Services (APS), Vermont Department of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living (DAIL) - Call 1-800-564-1612, e-mail the report, or submit a report through the APS website.   Call APS if you believe a vulnerable adult was abused, neglected, or exploited including being harmed because of actions (or inaction) taken by a person or persons.  APS does not provide emergency services. If a vulnerable adult is in a life threatening situation or needs immediate intervention to protect the person from harm, call 911 so that law enforcement and medical personnel can get involved immediately. A report to APS can be made after emergency services have been provided.