DS Clinical Services Task Force (2015)
The DS Clinical Services Task Force was an opportunity for the Department of Vermont Health Access (DVHA) and the Department of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living (DAIL) to collaborate with stakeholders to examine clinical services needed by people with developmental disabilities that are provided through DS Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS). The role of this Task Force was to advise DVHA and DAIL on an array of topics related to DS clinical services. For additional information about the DS Clinical Services Task Force, contact the Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD) by clicking here.
Imagine the Future Task Force (2013 - 2014)
The Developmental Disabilities Services Imagine the Future Task Force was charged with creating a long-range strategic vision for Developmental Disability Services in Vermont. The outcome of the strategic vision was to determine the best next steps for bridging the present challenges with the future vision. This planning process involved a partnership among Vermont Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living (DAIL), service providers, persons with disabilities and their families, advocates, and other stakeholders.
More information about the Imagine the Future Task Force and the final report.
Developmental Disabilities Services Legislative Workgroup (September 2013)
The Developmental Disabilities Services Work Group was established by the 2013 General Assembly to:
- Assess whether Developmental Services case planning should be revised;
- Assess alternative practices that could be more cost-effective;
- Determine what changes can be implemented in State Fiscal Year(SFY) 2014 to manage within appropriated funds;
- Identify the SFY 14 amount of budgetary management that will be accomplished through the existing Developmental Services State System of Care Plan rescission process; and
- Identify cost-effective and innovative models of providing services.
Report to the Legislative Joint Fiscal Committee on the findings from the work group.